Saturday, October 20, 2012

First quarter over

Hello everybody! I have had awesome time in my first quarter here in Berthoud. I actually like school here. Even though I have some hard classes, it has been pretty easy but I'm not complaining. Although sometimes I have too much homework or assignments. I have made lots of new friends and that's why I have fun at school. Two weeks ago there was this thing called Homecoming. It included a football game which our school lost but unfortunately that is nothing new. Homecoming dance was the main event where everybody dressed up and it was super fun.

My cross country season is finally over. It ended last Thursday when girls' team qualified for state championship tournament, but boys' team unfortunately didn't. They were 6th and top 5 qualified. Cross country was fun while it lasted, but I'm glad it's over. Now I have couple of weeks before basketball season starts. Lately I haven't been going to open gyms, but I will be going soon again. I'm looking forward to NBA season and Denver Nuggets. One guy at YFU-party in August told me that he gets some Nuggets tickets from work and he thought about giving them to exchange students. That would be so cool going to a Nuggets game. I've heard they are seriously awesome.

Little something about weather: it's weird. Few weeks ago there was snow on the ground when earlier that week it was about 25 degrees Celsius. It has been freezing on other days too, but last week it was super warm again. It's quite funny experiencing this kind of weather here. That would never happen in Finland.

That's all this time, have fun!
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment