Saturday, September 15, 2012

Yay, school!

Alright, so school has started, and it's pretty cool even though it's school. Berthoud High School is awesome. There are 4 other exchange students and they're from Norway, Denmark, Italy and Germany. Everybody is interested about Finland and what is different there. I have hard and easy classes. Definitely hardest is human anatomy & physiology because there's so much hard terms and a lot of memorizing. Easiest are life time sports of course and photography. School lunches are way better than in Finland, but still everybody here hates it. There is a teacher in our school who has studied in Finland. I was happy to hear that and it has been great to talk to her. I've been super busy with school and cross country so I haven't really had time to write this blog. Weather is still warm and dry. It's awesome when it's September already and still about 25 degrees Celsius.

Like I said, I'm still doing cross country, and I've had a few meets already. My best time is 22 something minutes in 5k, and I'm pretty satisfied. After all I'm running at mile high. Before every meet, we have this "pasta party" where we as a team are spending time together and prepare for a meet, it's awesome. There is an open gym at our school on Mondays and Wednesdays and I have been there playing basketball little bit and I'm doing good even though I didn't play that serious last year. I found out that there are also morning practices at 6 a.m on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I started going there too. I have to be in good shape when the season starts.

I have been pretty busy with school and sports so that's about all I've done for the past three weeks.
Have a great day everybody!
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment